I wanted to express how thankful I am for my family. Today I had the pleasure of going to my daughter's Preschool Thanksgiving Lunch. Now, it may not sound like much fun - having lunch with forty 3 & 4 year olds but it was. It really lifted my heart to have Lolly excited to see me in the middle of the day and to get the chance to spend time with her at school.
Last night Lolly experienced an atomic meltdown (it doesn't happen often but when it does - WATCH OUT!) that really saddened me and made me angry but today I felt nothing but joy to see my little girl acting like such a beautiful & smart child. I felt joy because I was able to be there for the lunch. I am very lucky to work at a place that I some flexibility to be able to get away for a few hours.
Sometimes we have to sacrifice for our kids -
time away from work:2 hours
extra driving in the car: 30 miles
smile on my daughters face when she asks if I want the other half of her cookie: Priceless
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment